Tuesday, April 21, 2009

finally an update!

It's felt like maybe a few months, but the villa has seen an update.


The back yard is a bit bigger, and the building extends around the whole yard now. I liked the two-tone look of the villa, with the courtyard done up in brick and red paint, and the outer portion with stones and browns. I played around with a number of different configurations for the building itself and I ended up dividing the wall into about four portions, each with a different texture. I'm still learning a bit about visual design technique, and this is the first time that a number of different textures have been used on one wall. I'm happy with the look.
The next job is to extend the tunnels underground. They might end up connecting to the back yard via a doorway in the brick wall, as well as through the trap door which is now behind some cover in the back corner of the yard.




No comments: