Thursday, January 08, 2009

a new year's update

I finally have a new update for the new year. I've completely redone the attic to allow players from the lower level to engage players up above, and to prevent players in the attic from hiding and camping. I added minor detailing to the windowsill, but most importantly for picture taking's sake I made the shadows on some of the walls much more detailed. I'm posting comparison shots so you can see the difference in the shadowing on the wall.

The Living Room:




The primary difference here is that the lighting from the bulb is rounder than it was and the sunlight is now able to shine in through the window (which has a beautiful and painstakingly crafted wooden lip on it now!).

The Attic:






I'm thinking of making these cross-beams breakable. That would be a cool effect but I don't know if it translates well in multiplayer.

No comments: