Thursday, January 29, 2009

only one more update to go

I have some new pics of the progress I've made. I made one big change and one small change. I'm trying to fix the scenery around my map, so I added surrounding cliffs to make the villa really feel nestled in the mountainside. I added some hills behind the town in the distance to make it look less flat (I'm from western Washington, so I'm used to seeing hills on every side of me).

The change I'm most excited about is the addition of a larger room with a lake in the basement caves. I'm hoping that with the addition of a few more tunnels, this will be a centralized hub below the map. The sweeten the deal, I threw an RPG in the lake. The reason that I added it here was to give the player a feeling of danger, since no place is more vulnerable than the water, especially deeper water. I threw a trap door in the living room to allow the player to jump from the upper level to the lower level very quickly.

I just finished playing with my roommate, and I'm already noticing areas where I wish a passageway existed. I only need to add a couple passages to the basement and I think I will finally be able to upload the second beta version of the map.

No comments: